Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Closing in on the final stretch

We're heading for the finish line of October 16. That's the day I'm scheduled for discharge.
It looks like all of the house changes that will be needed are falling into place. This is a result of a lot of hard work by a lot of people and I don't know where to begin to thank everyone who helped make this happen.
It also looks like the issues that Connor was facing are working out in a positive way. This was obviously a very stressful situation for Robin and Connor in the middle of everything else that is going on.
As for me, yesterday we submitted the specifications for my electric wheelchair. It will be will over the next month or so and I will be picking it up and having it fitted to me at that time. In the meantime I will be going home with the prototype that I have been using here in the hospital. I've been here since July 1 and I'm finding it hard to believe that I will actually be coming home in less than two weeks. I look forward to be able to thank all the people face-to-face who worked so hard at home to make it possible for me to come home.
Rick with Robin

8 comments:

  1. Rick - I'm so happy to hear that you'll soon be back at your home. I can only imagine how excited you are! I suspect that your recovery will speed up once you’re back in familiar surroundings – and not to mention being home with your family! Know that Brian and I think of you often.

    Take care,
    Melissa King

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Closing in on the Home Stretch" this must be music to your ears.

    Rick, I think of you and your family often and appreciate the postings regarding your progress.

    October 16th is just days away. Wishing you the best always.

    Christine Haywood

    ReplyDelete
  3. We knew you could do it Rick! We just don't know how you managed to do all you accomplished with Symetra ---- WE MISS YOU!!!! YOUR DEPARTMENT MISSES YOU!!! SYMETRA MISSES YOU!!!

    Thoughts and prayers are still flowing your way.

    Debbie Hale

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Guys! Great news about your release home!!!! Wish we could be there to be a part of your welcome party. We will have to be there in spirit only. We just picked up your note today - we spend the weekend in NYC helping Chelsey paint her room (she rents a flat with 3 other people). We did a pretty good job if we have to say so ourselves! The Fall colors are beautiful so the trip back and forth across the state was some of the best part of our little mini vacation. We are still ready for Connor if it works for him to come stay!
    Love to you all!
    Nancy and Steve

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can only imagine the anticipation of being home again, Rick, and it sounds like your local support group has been nothing short of heroic in making prepping your home for you and your family. What a team! Hope all goes well with your new chair too...will it come with a fancy hood ornament? :) Cheers and best wishes to you!

    Jim Pochepan

    ReplyDelete
  6. 10.16.10
    Homecoming...IF today is "the" day... imagine..
    prayers ARE being answered and wishes ARE coming
    true!
    Keith & Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. So are you home? We are thinking about you and waiting for your next post. :)
    Nancy & Steve

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey guys! I remember you saying that all your computer equipment was put into storage during the home remodel, and that you don't have internet at home.... so I'm thinking that you're home but unable to tell us. :) Just wanted you to know your Fan Club is wishing you the best!

    -Jen H.

    ReplyDelete